What can make your travel plans even better? Be efficient and save your time and effort. Here is a compilation of the best travel hacks to make your trip flow smoothly.
- Get your tickets 4-6 Weeks Early
- Travel on a Tuesday or a Wednesday for the cheapest flights.
- Pack Less. You really do not need as much as you think. Click here for specific packing hacks.
- Go vegetarian on the flight. You generally get fresher food with no worries about undercooked meat.
- Bring a hoodie- it is light enough to wear on summer nights and your can double it as a pillow on the flight.
- Bring a dummy wallet fill it with a few dollars poking out and if it is stolen at least they didn’t get your real documents and cash!
- Avoid touristy restaurants and go local, you often get better food and a unique experience.
- Get a room on the 2nd Floor. You are up high enough to avoid burglars. But, in case of any emergency you are not too high to jump if need be.
- Connect through social sites, Facebook, Skype, Twitter instead of running up your roaming minutes.
- Store your smartphone in a plastic baggy when near water or the beach
- Take pictures of your important documents
- Roll your clothes to pack more efficiently.
- Be prepared for check in- double check the liquids bag and luggage weight before you go
- Pack delicate jewelry in Press-n-seal. Learn how here.
- Use the free WiFi offered at cafes or travel spots.
- Pack an empty water bottle to avoid paying for the airport prices.
- Charge your phone whenever you can.
- Put a dryer sheet in your suitcase.
- Bring a glasses case for all of your chargers.
- If you have to pack bulky shoes, stuff them with socks, underwear, and tanks.
Follow these tips and for more information on travel tips click here.
My Preferred Travel